Evangelische Dorfkirche Lierschied
Oberdorfstraße 21, 56357 Nochern
Protestant village church (formerly St. Johann d.T.)
A church is already mentioned in Lierschied in 879.
The present church tower dates from about the 13th century, and is already externally recognizable as a fortified tower. It is reported that the nave was so dilapidated in 1778 that it was no longer possible to hold services in it. The new construction began in 1779.